Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.
- Who is this service for?
- Phone Bum is for anyone who needs to replace a lost, stolen or damaged phone immediately. You can rent a phone while you wait for an upgrade or the newest model phone to come out, instead of wasting an upgrade or spending money on an insurance claim. It's also a great idea for anyone traveling abroad who would rather leave their phone at home and rent an unlocked phone for the trip.
- How come I can only rent for a minimum of a month?
- Monthly rentals allow us to keep prices low. You can always return at any time.
- What restrictions are there?
- Unfortunately, due to higher chances of unreturned phones, we have stopped accepting prepaid credit cards & only ship to billing addresses. We also limit personal rental of one device at a time. If you need to rent more than one for business use please contact us.
- Why are you only offering same-day delivery to New York City? Do you ship outside of NYC?
- We are NYC-based and able to offer same-day delivery within the city. All other orders will be shipped via USPS and should arrive in 1-3 days.
- How do I return a phone?
- Within NYC: Email email@example.com to schedule a pickup.
- Outside of NYC: Reuse the original shipping box. Attach the prepaid shipping label over the old label, then just go to your local post office and mail it back. Simple!
- What phones do you have?
- We have Apple and Android phones. Check out this page to see: phones .
- Do you supply SIM cards?
- For security reasons, we do not supply SIM cards. You can usually get one for free from your carrier.
- How do I activate my rental?
- For GSM carriers (e.g. AT&T, T-Mobile): Make sure your SIM card is compatible with the rental device, and then switch it from your old phone to the rental phone.
- For Verizon: Contact Verizon. Activation can be done in store, over the phone or from the Activate or Switch Devices page in your Verizon online account.
- What happens if I damage or lose a rented phone?
- If you damage your rented phone, we will assess the damage upon return and determine whether or not it can be repaired. As per our Terms and Conditions, you will be responsible for the cost of any repairs. We'll work with you to keep costs reasonable.
- If your rented phone is lost or stolen, you will be responsible for the full cost of the phone.
- What happens to my data when I return the phone? Is it secure?
- Before you return the phone, be sure to log out of your accounts, remove any PIN locks and reset your data. When we get the phone back, we will confirm that you are logged out of all accounts and reset the phone. We will always make sure to clear out all personal information before sending out a phone.
Have any other questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.